Find out how much you know about funeral service. Match the definition to the words below. See how well you do.
1. A chemical process that uses a solution of 95% water and 5% potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide to reduce a body to components of liquid and bone. Bone fragments are retained so they can be dried and turned into a substance similar to cremated ashes.
2. A service, held without the body present, that commemorates the life of the deceased.
3. A speech usually delivered by a family member or close personal friend at funerals or memorials used to honor and pay respect to the deceased.
4. A permanent outside burial container which is sealed and affords protection to the casket.
5. A notice of a person’s death published in a newspaper; usually contains biographical details and information about funeral or memorial services.
6. The ceremony conducted immediately before the disposition of the dead human body, this service may or may not be faith based.
7. A trained and licensed individual who provides support to the bereaved during initial stages of their grief; arranges and directs funeral ceremonies; arranges for the removal of the deceased from the place of death; prepares the body according to the wishes of the survivors and requirements of the law; secures information for legal documents; files death certificates and other legal papers; assists survivors with filing claims for death benefits.
8. A memorial structure where inurned cremated remains are entombed.
9. A permanent outside burial container, generally consisting of a concrete box and a lid. It is not intended to provide any sealed protection to the casket.
10. The reduction of human remains by intense heat and flame to ash and bone fragments.
11. A person who serves as the leader of a funeral service; may be an ordained member of the clergy or a lay person who has received specialized training on rituals and funeral traditions.
12. A Funeral or Memorial Service where the focus is on all aspects of the life of the deceased; their work, family connections, hobbies and interests as well as their accomplishments. This type of service may or may not include a religious component.
____ Memorial Services ____ Funeral Service ____ Celebration of Life
____ Vault ____ Grave Liner ____ Columbarium Niche
____ Funeral Celebrant ____ Funeral Director ____ Cremation ____ Eulogy
____ Obituary. ____Alkaline Hydrolysis
Bonus Question: To Put a smile on your face. What is it?
A BEER … A BIER… A BEAR
· Comes in black, brown, and even black and white. Weighs between 300 and 1400 pounds! Is fuzzy and sleeps all winter.
· A stand on which a casket is placed before burial.
A fermented beverage served very cold—it just hits the spot on a hot day.
You are welcome to call us any time of the day, any day of the week, for immediate assistance. Or, visit our funeral home in person at your convenience.